No categories assigned
Converting from 'Word' to media wiki text
If you need to transfer information from a Word document which is full of hyperlinks and text into the wiki, these steps will help you succeed - FAST.
- Open Libre Office Writer (which can be installed on any Microsoft machine, and is compatible with Word)
- Copy your paragraph into the Libre Office page, then save it (as an .odt document)
- Copy the paragraph you need with all the hyperlinks.
- Click the top row tab 'File', choose 'Export', then select both boxes as seen on the right. These are 'Automatic file name extension' and the 'Selection'. Save as a MediaWiki.txt file.
- Then open the MediaWiki.txt with a text editor such as Notepad. The MediaWiki text will be seen as the 'source edit' code ready to paste into your wiki page. As below.
Central School [https://static.datamap.co.nz/Report/Report%20Central%20School%20-%20Pukekura%20Park.pdf Workshop report] * Central School [https://static.datamap.co.nz/Report/Central%20School%20rap%20for%20Pukekura%20Park.pdf rap celebrating Pukekura Park] * A survey of visitors to Pukekura Park "[https://static.datamap.co.nz/Report/Pukekura%20visitor%20survey%202016%20summary.pdf What makes Pukekura Park special?]" * [https://services.main.net.nz/pukekura/maps/main/ A map of Pukekura Park and the significant plants.]Parking, entrances, toilets, Park places and paths. * [https://static.datamap.co.nz/Publications/NotableTreesNewPlymouth.pdf Notable Trees of New Plymouth], 2002, Cory Smith * [https://static.datamap.co.nz/Publications/Significant%20Plants%20Pukekura%20Park.pdf Significant Plants of Pukekura Park], 2018, David Medway, New Plymouth
Which looks like this on the wiki page:
- A survey of visitors to Pukekura Park "What makes Pukekura Park special?"
- A map of Pukekura Park and the significant plants.Parking, entrances, toilets, Park places and paths.
- Notable Trees of New Plymouth, 2002, Cory Smith
- Significant Plants of Pukekura Park, 2018, David Medway, New Plymouth